Nigerian musician, Sanni Wasiu aka Lilfrosh will spend the next few days in prison custody for beating his girlfriend.
This is the verdict given by Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun of the Lagos State Magistrates’ Court in Yaba who on Tuesday ordered the remand of the musician at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, Okeoghene Iyomaterie.
Iyomaterie’s manager, Michael, had on October 5, 2020, on his Instagram page, accused Lilfrosh of assaulting her.
Lilfrosh, however, denied the claim in an interview.
Punch gathered that the 18-year-old Lilfrosh was invited by the policemen at the Federal Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Alagbon, on Thursday, February 4, 2021, for interrogation.
The victim, who noted that she had been in a relationship with the musician since January 2020, alleged that anytime they disagreed, it had always resulted in violence.
She said, “He consistently slapped me on the face, kicking, pushing me on other sensitive parts. The recent attack happened in September 2020, when he attacked me and rained blow on my head with bruises on my face.
“I partially lost my sight and had sleepless nights. He repeatedly boasted that since he is a well-known musician he is untouchable.”
Lilfrosh’s arraignment was facilitated by the International Association Of Women Lawyers, Lagos State branch.
Lilfrosh was arraigned on one count of assault.b
He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The musician had no counsel to represent him in court.
Following his plea, Magistrate Olatunbosun ordered his remand in the correctional facility and adjourned the matter till March 9, 2021.
- Domestic Violence Against Women Is Legal In Nigeria – Lil Frosh Will Be Set Free! (See Why)
- Lagos, Edo, Osun shut Down Markets
- ‘Why I called 2face ‘Gay’ in my diss song’ – Blackface
- Nigerian Army To Be Held Responsible For Lekki Shooting – Sanwo-Olu
- Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Now 305 As Easter Celebration Begins
- Music: Small Doctor X Bisola X DJ Cuppy X DJ Enimoney X Jeff Akoh – Greater Lagos
- Nigeria Confirms Third Case Of Coronavirus In The Country…Carrier – Female UK Returnee (Details)
- Shaydee & Masterkraft – On Sight
- Absence Of EFCC Counsel Stops N6.9bn Fraud Trial Of Fayose
- Mayorbase x S Brown Omo Eko – Opay